One of the most recognizable and demanded casino table games is Blackjack or Twenty-One. The game has a wide range of fans and is often played even by people who are pretty far from gambling and playing for money: it’s relatively simple and enjoyable, so many people want to enjoy it. This game can be found in most land-based casinos and online platforms: there are always enough people interested in playing it for money and fun. Blackjack has centuries of history and it doesn’t seem to become less popular any soon: it’s an entertaining game based on human interaction, understanding the situation and being able to make great decisions quickly. Though lots of table games are based on complete random, Blackjack requires practice and skills: this helps players to influence the gambling process a lot and allows them to win impressive sums there.
Though many casual players rely on their intuition and luck, many gamblers are interested in Blackjack tips that can help them to win a lot of money and become better players. Some casino games don’t have any strategies because they’re too random, but games like Blackjack definitely do: math can help people to get a huge advantage and to succeed often. Therefore, Blackjack basic strategy is not a product of myths or personal experience of a few gamblers: the Blackjack betting strategy is a thing that has been calculated by professionals, so it can help lots of gamblers to make the right game choices. Though not every game can be won and the factor of the house edge is always a thing, some rules from this Blackjack guide can become a great booster that can lead you to your dream of becoming rich!
What you should learn in advance
Every player should learn a few basic things before trying to learn the Blackjack basic strategy:
- It’s not enough to memorize the Blackjack basic strategy. Knowing some basic strategy rules can give a player the feeling of complete understanding of the game and it can lead to failure: in many cases, half-knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge at all, so a player who’s serious about their plans to become a great player shouldn’t only rely on a few rules they’ve found on the Internet. Every game is unique: the house edge, deviations of rules – lots of things can interrupt a player on their way to success. The game requires counting and knowing lots of options and rules, so think of the basic strategy as if it’s a little booster that can improve your chances to get the prize but not guarantee;
- It’s highly possible to meet some variations and special rules, so you’d better be prepared for it. There are lots of diversity you can find both online and offline: even after you learn a table, you can’t be completely prepared for every single game unless you’re aware of every moment you’ll have to slide to other charts in your memory;
- You have to memorize everything perfectly. That’s the moment when being half-hearted won’t get you anywhere: to win the game, you should be able to memorize every single detail of the charts at any moment. A huge Blackjack game can be stressful, and it’s especially true for real land-based gambling establishments and situations when something goes wrong: drill the Blackjack strategy table to be confident and to know the right choice for every single situation you can face while playing for money.
Some basic things to know
Every person interested in playing Blackjack like a pro should start from something: it’s essential to learn things from the very beginning to understand the core principles of how to win at Blackjack. For most players, it’s meaningless to learn the tables by heart without a general understanding of what is going on during the game. There are the four questions that can help you to memorize the basic strategy and to gamble reasonably:
- What is Surrender and when I should use it?
- When can you split (and when you actually should do it)?
- When it’s better to Double?
- Hit or stand?
After remembering these basic strategy hints, you are ready to dive a bit deeper and learn some more information about how to get close to your dream of becoming rich. Be prepared to face a lot of information that seems nearly impossible to memorize: it’s only the first impression. There are gamblers who are able to remember every little detail from a Blackjack cheat sheet and use it wisely, so it’s totally possible to fit all this info in your head! Also, remember that mnemonics and practice can help you a lot: every piece of information that you have used at least once on practice becomes much easier to recall in your memory.
The Hands and how to use them
When a gambler starts a game, it’s important for them to understand what type of totals they have. Totals can be divided into three categories: Hard hand, Soft hand and Pairs. These cards you start with influence the game a lot, so there are some things of Blackjack strategy you need to always remember about.
The Hard hand consists of two random cards that don’t include an Ace. The basic Blackjack strategy is ready to help you to cope with this situation and to show you the right way to act:
- 8 in total means hitting – and there are no exceptions;
- If the upcard is 3-6 and you have 9, then double, but if not – then hit;
- If the upcard is 2 through 9 and you have 10, then you should double, if not – then hit;
- If the upcard is 2 through 10 and you have 11, then double, if the dealer has an Ace, then hit;
- If the upcard is 2 or 3 and you have 12, then hit, if the dealer has 4-6, then stand, if not – then hit;
- If the upcard is 2-6 and you have from 13 to 16, then stand, if not – then hit;
- If your total is from 17 to 21, then it’s enough.
Playing with the Soft hand means that one of your cards is Ace: this case has another set of basic Blackjack strategy rules that should be memorized well. Remember that rules to be confident while playing and having your chances high:
- Doubling is a good decision when the upcard is 5-6 and your hand is an Ace plus 2-3. In cases when the dealer doesn’t have these cards, it’s better to have another card;
- If you have an Ace with 4 or 5 and the dealer has 4 through 6, then you should double, if he doesn’t, then you should hit;
- If you have an Ace with 6 and the dealer has 3 through 6, then you should double, if he doesn’t, then you should hit;
- If you have an Ace with 7 and the dealer has 2, 7 or 8, then you should stand, if the dealer has 3 through 6, then you should double, if not – then you should hit;
- If you have an Ace with 8 or 9, then you should always stand.
It’s easy to understand what the Pairs is: when you have two cards of the same value regardless of whether they are the same or just worth the same, it’s the case. There are Blackjack basic strategy card rules for that situation:
- Two 8 or two Aces, then you should always split;
- Two 2s or 3s and the dealer has 2 through 7, then you should split, if not – then you should hit;
- Two 4s and the dealer has 5 or 6, then you should split, if not – then you should hit;
- Two 5s and the dealer has 2 through 9, then you should split, if not – then you should hit;
- Two 6s and the dealer has 2 through 6, then you should split, if not – then you should hit;
- Two 7s and the dealer has 2 through 7, then you should split, if not – then you should hit;
- Two 9s and the dealer has 2 through 6, 8 or 9, then you should split, if the dealer has 7, 10 or an Ace, then you should stand;
- Two 10, then you should always stand.
In many cases, these rules are enough for a player to figure out what they should do to succeed. Of course, it doesn’t mean that learning these rules can help you to win all the time: the game is pretty random, so nothing can guarantee you winning. At the same time, these Blackjack strategy rules can help you to win more often.
Strategy FAQ: What players should know about winning strategies
It’s easy to understand that most players can’t be satisfied with just a set of Blackjack betting strategy rules: it’s important for them to know whether they can trust it and where did all this come from. There are the answers to some of the most popular Blackjack questions:
- Where did Blackjack strategy rules come from?
- How great should a person play to be considered ready to play in a real casino?
- Can I use a strategy card in a casino?
- How can I remember all this information?
- Can these strategies actually help?